Summertime in the City June 19, 2010Posted by eric22222 in General.
My life has commonly had the nature of a roller coaster. Plenty of ups, downs, loop-de-loops, and those little parts that take pictures of screaming children and vomiting adults. Recently, its nature has become more akin to the large centrifuges used by NASA; it’s accelerating but remaining stable. Also there is less vomit.
- I’ve finished reading the six books I sat aside for the summer. Ender’s Game was especially awesome. I still need to find a copy of Dune.
- I’m replaying some of my older video games and also borrowing from Brad an old PC adventure game called Arcanum.
- Micah has finally gotten moved into the apartment, and we haven’t killed each other yet. I deem this a success.
- Last weekend I started taking apart the throw-away laptops and desktops that I’ve been holding on to. This may be tied to the previous point.
- My new job as a computer technician is going swimmingly so far. In a full month, I’ve only had one person who hadn’t tried plugging it in.
- We’re still having our weekly game of D&D on Sunday nights. Mike took over DMing for a few weeks, so I finally got to play a bit as a character rather than a ref. We died. A lot.
- I’m still working on learning guitar. I’ve found my fingers are much better suited to simpler instruments like piano, trumpet, and triangle, so I might not ever give accordion a try. Violin, theremin, and dulcimer are still on my list.